Black Table Runner And Placemats – A table runner is a wonderful alternate to a tablecloth. What if you have a gorgeous new table that you don’t need to conceal? With a table runner, then you can dress up your table without undermining it up. Runners may also help protect your table from serving dishes which may be somewhat too hot.
Stick to this step-by-step tutorial, and you can make a lovely but easy table runner right away.
What You’ll Need
• Focus Fabric that’s 12″ x 44″. Focus fabric is the star of the runner.
• Backing Fabric that’s 18″ by 44″.
• Thread that matches the insulation.
• An iron.
• A sewing machine.
• A rotary cutter (optional).
• A cutting board (optional).
Choosing the Fabric
The initial step in almost any sewing project is choosing the fabrics.
• The concentration fabric, the “main attraction” of the runner, should be 12 inches wide and about 44 inches long. (An inch or so of extra length won’t hurt.) A fabric having a pattern will likely work best.
• select a insulation material that can compliment the focus fabric. Simply choose one of the colors from the pattern of their concentration material, and then use this as the financing colour.
Making the Runner
• Spread the insulation material out on a level surface. Its right side (the side you’ll want folks to see) must be facing upwards.
• Lay the attention fabric right side down on top of the insulation.
• Pin the two pieces of fabric with their right and left sides, so making sure the top and bottom borders will also be lined up. Don’t be concerned about the insulation being bigger than the concentration fabric. It will all make sense in only a little bit.
• Sew the fabric on the pinned sides. Utilize a seam allowance of between 1/4 and 1/2 of an inch, whichever one you’re comfortable with. After sewing, you will have a fabric tubing.
• Turn the material tubing inside out, so that the “right sides” of the fabrics are facing out.
• Lay the tubing on a level surface, so that the insulation is on the underside, and the concentration fabric is on the surface. When you smooth down the cloth, some of the border material will be observable over the sides. These are your boundaries.
• Arrange the fabrics so that the same sum of border is showing on both sides. You can use a ruler or tape measure for this step should youn’t believe you can do it by eye.
• Use a iron group to steam to press on the unfinished runner, then focusing on the seams (the folds) on each side.
• This step is not essential, but it will help the runner maintain its shape during washingmachine Sew a stitch down the length of each border. Attempt to get the stitch as near the attention fabric as you can.
Completing the Ends
Now it is time to finish the two ends (the very top and the underside) of the table runner. There are basically two ways to do this, based on which you prefer best… and that you find easiest.
• Option 1. Fold the border to the financing, about 1/4 of an inch. Give the flux a superb pressing, then sew the hem. This is the simplest way to finish off your table runner. But, if you would like to do something a bit fancier, there is another choice.
• Option 2. If the edges are ragged or uneven, you may use a rotary cutter to cut on them. In this way, your table runner will probably be more or less reversible. If you want to quickly give your table a brand new look (or there is a stain on the front part of the table runner that you don’t want everyone to see) only flip the table runner over and you’re set.
More Table Runner Tips
• select a fabric that can maintain its shape, such as cotton. A cotton-polyester blend will work too. And home décor fabrics make great runners.
• Given that table runners have been so simple to create, and use a small fabric compared to tablecloths, you can have a set of table runners for each and every season, holiday, or special event. Just pick a couple of themed fabrics to match the event, and you’re able to make four or three table runners in a single afternoon.
• one table runner appears great running down the center of a table. But three or four matching table runners can look good running across the width of the table. And, in case your table runners tend to be more than the usual table is broad, that’s okay. Just let the results of the table runners hang from the sides of the table.