Canterbury is a bustling city with many historic and interesting attractions
- The magnificent Canterbury Cathedral
- Fine modern shopping centres
- Many sites of archaeological interest
- Beautiful and unusual architecture and narrow streets
- Theatres and cinemas
- Riverside walks, museums and parks
- Canterbury River Tours
- Chaucer's Canterbury Tales, attraction
- Excellent restaurants and Olde Worlde inns
- The Canterbury Festival in October
- Many golf courses
- St Lawrence ground, the home of Kent County Cricket Club
Canterbury is only thirty minutes from
Canterbury is also very convenient for
Day trips to France and Belgium
The Bluewater Shopping Centre
The City of London (only one hour and thirty minutes by car or rail)
- Resort towns of Ramsgate, Margate and Folkestone.
- The wonderful countryside, small towns and exquisite villages of the Garden of England.
Eating out is a pleasure in the city. Within a few minutes walk of the hotel are a multitude of restaurants including those offering English, French, Italian, Thai, African, Mexican, Morrocan, Chinese and Indian cuisine, many with excellent local reputatons. We are pleased to suggest dining venues, make reservations book taxis to meet your requests.
Places to visit
The Marlowe Theatre, only a short stroll away, has an enviable reputation for its live shows, including plays, ballet and musical events. The nearby Gulbenkian Theatre at the University shows many fringe films that you're unlikely to see elsewhere, plus stand up comedies, live music and other events of an intellectual nature.
Talking of nature, The Blean Initiative is something nature lovers may be interested in. Blean is a large woodland complex near Canterbury, second only to the New Forest in size.
In addition there are night clubs, many traditional pubs and bars, a cinema, health and leisure centres, art galleries and museums, the famous Canterbury Tales and many more venues.
In nearby Whitstable, you can sample the local oysters, for which the town is justifiably famous, along with other wonderfully prepared seafood, in places such as Wheelers Oyster Bar, a well-renowned and popular seafood restaurant.